This article describes the process between when a customer orders a product from your webshop to when you ship the product.
When a customer places an order via your webshop, they'll receive a confirmation email. When set up, you will also receive a copy of the order confirmation.
Click on the Webshop tab to see an overview of orders placed by your customers. The overview shows details such as the order status, customer name, and the date the order was placed.
Click on an order to see further details, e.g. the product(s) the customer ordered. You can add notes to orders at the bottom of the Edit order window.
In the Edit order window, you can also change the status of an order:
- Canceled: If the customer wants to cancel their order or has not paid for it. When you cancel an order, the reservation from stock will also be canceled.
- Paid: Once the customer has paid, you can change the order status to reflect this. The product can then be shipped to the customer. With automatic payment methods, the order status will automatically update to Paid.
- Pending: If the payment has not yet processed, the order is 'pending'. When payment is received, the order status can be changed to Paid.
- Shipped: When the order has been shipped to the customer, you can change the order status to reflect this. The customer will automatically receive a shipping confirmation email.
- Picked up: You can use this status when an order has been picked up by the customer. The customer will not receive a shipping confirmation.
You can also print the invoice and shipping label. To do this, click on the relevant order, then click on Print and select Invoice, Packing slip, or Shipping label.
✔ Tip: Make it easier for your customers to place orders by giving them the option of creating an account on your webshop.