Once you've finished building your website, you'll want to share it with the world. We'll take care of making sure your website is suitable for easy indexing, creating a sitemap, and optimizing your website for mobile devices. There are also a number of ways you yourself can improve your rank in search results. However, it's important to be patient - your site won't appear on the first page of results overnight.
Here's a list of factors that affect your rank in Google search results:
- We automatically ensure all webpages are passed on to Google through a so-called sitemap. It may take up to a week for Google to read this sitemap and include new websites in search results.
- If your website hasn't been added to search results after a week, you can add a property to your domain name and then pass your domain name to Google.
- Include keywords your visitors type into Google to reach your website wherever possible in the text on your site.
- Ideally, use these keywords in headers and page titles.
- Use keywords in the Title and Description of your page settings.
- Use keywords in the Title and Description of your blog post settings and product settings.
- Enter relevant alternative text under Images via the settings.
- Make sure as many other websites as possible link to your site (important).
- Google places a much higher value on websites with their own domain name (e.g. websitename.com).
- Place links to your website on social media.
- Google prefers websites that are regularly maintained, and ignores websites containing plagiarized content and/or too many links.
- Use our HTML in HEAD tag feature.
In general, an ad-free Pro or Business website with its own domain name will rank higher in Google search results than a Free website.
⚠ Note: Many websites will advise you to use 'meta keywords' or 'meta search terms'. This is outdated advice, as search engines no longer use this information.