Besides adding or deleting pages, you can also do a few things in terms of settings. For example, you can give the pages a name, choose your own page layout, whether or not it is visible in the menu, and a number of other options that we will explain in this article.
Go to the Pages tab.
Click on the gear icon next to the page you want to work on.
You can change the following Page settings:
- Name: give your page a name that will appear in your website's menu, e.g. 'About us', 'Contact', or 'Place order'
- Banner: indicate whether you'd like to place a banner at the top of the page
- Content section: indicate whether you'd like to add a sidebar to this page (the availability of this option depends on which design you're using)
- Index in Google search: indicate whether the page should be shown in Google search results. This also applies to the internal search function on your website - if you disable this option the page will not be shown in search results via search engine websites or via the internal search function on your website.
- Page title: this will not be displayed anywhere on the page itself, only on the title bar in your visitors' browsers
- Description: this will not be displayed anywhere on the page itself, only in Google search results
- Social media image: select an image to be displayed when the page is shared on social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp)
- Show in menu: disable this option to remove the page from your website's menu (this means visitors will only be able to access the page via links in text, buttons or images)
- Password protection: you can protect pages with a password to restrict access
You'll be shown an example of how this will look in Google search results.
✔ Tip: Click on the gear icon in the top left corner of the Editor to access Page settings more quickly.